[Speex-dev] Microsoft RTAudio

B. Mitchell Loebel multinode at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 4 15:12:27 PDT 2007

Hello Monty:

I'm OK with not continuing this on the Speex tech list. In fact, I've
deliberately responded off list to the various posters. I do think,
though, that your admonitions to be non political should go to both
sides ... that Jean-Marc founded Speex doesn't give him license to
denigrate other efforts. Thomas Leigh asked a perfectly legitimate
question and Jean-Marc's response reeked with politically based
sarcasm. The little dirty secret that nobody dares talk about is that
the open source religion was born out of anti-Microsoft,
anti-Capitalist attitudes ... let's simply acknowledge the truth.

At 05:55 PM 9/4/2007 -0400, xiphmont at xiph.org wrote:
>On 9/4/07, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
> > B. Mitchell Loebel wrote:
> > > Hello LWATCDR:
> > >
> > > OK with me, but 1) I'm a Microsoft stockholder and 2) I'm not going to
> > > stand still for people trashing Capitalist successes!! 'Nuff said.
> >
> > How about if I sell you a copy of speex.  Buy low, sell high seems like
> > a good capitalist plan, and then you could feel good about using Speex!
>
>This is now thoroughly off topic for a technical development list.  I
>don't mean to kill the discussion (whether it's productive or not) but
>I would like to see it move off of speex-dev.
>
>It is appropriate to the xiph advocacy list if you all wish, and will
>reach/involve a more interested audience there.  In addition, please
>avoid the reactionary dogma spewing typical of right/left wing talk
>radio.  The thread is more likely to go somewhere productive if I
>don't feel like I'm reading a Michael Moore / Rush Limbaugh mudfest.
>
>Monty
>Director
>Xiph.Org

---
B. Mitchell Loebel, Executive
Director                              408 425-9920

The Tech Startup Connection
(formerly The PARALLEL Processing Connection)