[vorbis] ov_open fails on Version 1.0.1

Eddie Atherton Eddie_Atherton at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 6 19:06:10 PDT 2004

owner-vorbis at xiph.org wrote on 04/06/2004 05:39:58 PM:

> On Wednesday 07 April 2004 04:12, Eddie Atherton wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just got around to moving from version 1.0 to 1.0.1.  Now when I
run
> > my program, at least on Windoze, (haven't tried Linux yet), I get an
Access
> > Exception on the ov_open.  Nothing else has changed.  All I did was
replace
> > the lib and dll files that are in the win32sdk zip and re-build all, so
> > it's the same the project files for for both builds.
> >

> This is presumably a mis-match between the win32 build of the SDK that
you're
> using and the rest of your program - probably you're using the wrong C
> runtime library.

May well be, seeing as there are 3 options availabale in VC:
SingleThreaded, MultiThreaded, and MultiThreaded DLL.

Although, usually, it objects at the link stage if you're trying to pull a
mixture together.

> Rebuilding the libraries is easy, and will solve your problem. It might
also
> be possible for us to do something different with the win32 builds, or to

> document this better - if you have any suggestions, we'd welcome them.

I'll give that a go, but saying it's easy assumes that I know what I'm
doing.  I can only just about spell C <GRIN>.

I guess asking for a build in each of the flavours is too much :-).  Maybe
documenting which build you've done would help.  But don't change it
between releases, like this time ???

Ah well, on to why I'm getting an ov_hole return code next, which is why I
did the update, it case it was a "known" problem.  This will probably end
up as another question later.

Cheers,
Eddie