[vorbis] ov_open fails on Version 1.0.1

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Tue Apr 6 17:39:58 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 07 April 2004 04:12, Eddie Atherton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just got around to moving from version 1.0 to 1.0.1.  Now when I run
> my program, at least on Windoze, (haven't tried Linux yet), I get an Access
> Exception on the ov_open.  Nothing else has changed.  All I did was replace
> the lib and dll files that are in the win32sdk zip and re-build all, so
> it's the same the project files for for both builds.

This is presumably a mis-match between the win32 build of the SDK that you're
using and the rest of your program - probably you're using the wrong C
runtime library.

Rebuilding the libraries is easy, and will solve your problem. It might also
be possible for us to do something different with the win32 builds, or to
document this better - if you have any suggestions, we'd welcome them.

Mike