[vorbis] ov_open fails on Version 1.0.1

Eddie Atherton Eddie_Atherton at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 6 11:12:56 PDT 2004

Hi,

I've just got around to moving from version 1.0 to 1.0.1.  Now when I run
my program, at least on Windoze, (haven't tried Linux yet), I get an Access
Exception on the ov_open.  Nothing else has changed.  All I did was replace
the lib and dll files that are in the win32sdk zip and re-build all, so
it's the same the project files for for both builds.

Here the snippet of code that fails:

int processOGG(FILE *inFile, char fileName [], int fileSize, int fileType)
{

ogg_int64_t dataLength = 0;

PM3ULIST    listBuff = 0;

OggVorbis_File    vf = {0};

vorbis_info       *vorbisInfo = NULL;

      fseek(inFile, 0, SEEK_SET);
if (debug > 0) {
      printf("About to open file as vorbis\n");
}
      if(ov_open(inFile, &vf, NULL, 0) < 0) {
            fprintf(stderr, "Failed to open file as vorbis. File ignored
'%s'\n", fileName);
            return 0;
      }

      if (!ov_seekable(&vf)) {
            fprintf(stderr, "File is not seekable. File ignored '%s'\n",
fileName);
            ov_clear(&vf);
            return 1;
      }

      vorbisInfo = ov_info(&vf, 0);

The failure is on the ov_open and is an "Access Violation".

Any ideas what happened between 1.0 and 1.01 that might cause this.