[Speex-dev] Compile/Build Speex on iPhone

Clifton Craig clifton.craig at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 07:57:06 PST 2010

Let me be more specific. I was confused as to the folders of interest
when compiling speex. I've finally managed to get a successful compile
by copying the speex and libspeex folders into XCode along with the
config.h and defining the HAVE_CONFIG_H pre-processor macro in the
project configs. (I double clicked the project file in XCode's left
hand pane and clicked add user defined setting and defined
GCC_PREPROCESSOR_DEFINITIONS with a value of HAVE_CONFIG_H.) I'm not
sure I need both folders but I'll keep them for now until I learn the
API. I'm trying to leave a detailed trail of my steps because I know
there are probably others who will have the same issues I am having
being new to the platform. If anyone wants to help clearly explain how
to properly build and use this project for the iPhone for someone who
is new to both XCode and C feel free to chime in.

Clifton Craig
Software Engineer
http://codeforfun.wordpress.com
clifton.craig at gmail.com