[Speex-dev] DC component coming back after AGC

Aymeric Moizard jack at atosc.org
Thu May 28 02:28:56 PDT 2009

On Wed, 27 May 2009, Jean-Marc Valin wrote:

> I'm getting confused, what's the problem exactly? The AGC doesn't remove
> the DC or it adds one?

Hi Jean-Marc, sorry for confusion:

Without the AGC, speex preprocessor is removing the DC.
With the AGC, speex preprocessor is adding a DC.

Here are the sample files:
http://antisip.antisip.com/tmp/

The first one contains very low signal with a DC.
The second one (16KHz, mono, 16bit) contains
the output after using a modified testdenoise.c with AGC
enabled and agc_level set to 20000.0 and configured
to operate on 16KHz file.

tks,
Aymeric MOIZARD / ANTISIP
amsip - http://www.antisip.com