[Speex-dev] altering speaker's voice

Andrew akeidel at gmail.com
Wed May 20 21:26:33 PDT 2009

All,

Let me preface this by saying I've done some searching online for related
info and I'm kind of stuck and looking for advice.  Not sure if this is the
appropriate place to ask but here goes...

I'm trying to run a filter on a speex audio stream that will do minor
changes like raise the pitch or change the gain.  I'm good with java so I've
been looking at jspeex, but know very little about sound manipulation.  My
goal is to find/write a piece of code that will take a talking voice (a
speex-encoded stream) and change it such that it is still understandable but
sounds different.

Any ideas of how best to get this working?  Is there an existing piece of
open-source code that would help accomplish this?  I'm looking to use/build
something that can perform this transform in an automated fashion (no UI
interaction needed).

If you have any suggestions that would be great.

Thanks,
Andy