[Speex-dev] [Fwd: Re: Which product to use?]

David M. Witten II wittend at wwrinc.com
Tue Jun 23 16:44:39 PDT 2009

Dave,

I have been interested in some of the same questions that you have been
asking.  A while back I asked a person at VLSI ( http://www.vlsi.fi/ )
in Finland if they had a product that might work.  The exchange of email
is included below.

In summary, the answer was probably no, but maybe in the future.  The
VS1005 chip he mentions does not seem to have appeared yet.

I currently have a pair of Microchip DSPIC33 based boards with their
optimized/proprietized implementation of Speex on hand for testing, but
I am looking for alternate solutions.  I don't believe that Microchip's
code is going to allow me to experiment with the 2.15k bit rate mode
that is most attractive for my purposes.  I understand that that mode
has serious limitations and needs a variety of modifications, at least
in the applications that interest me.

-- Dave Witten