[Speex-dev] RTP Payload Format for the Speex Codec

John Ridges jridges at masque.com
Tue Jun 23 17:01:44 PDT 2009

Congrats JM. You certainly deserved to get the payload format approved.

If I'm not being too much of a pest, I was wondering how close Speex 1.2
is to being a full-fledged release. I know that your focus these days is
on CELT (and I'm glad for that) but I was wondering if you had any plans
for any real changes or fixes to Speex in the near term. For my project
I make a lot of changes to the code (mostly so that SSE support is
selected at run-time) so I don't like to get new code very often. But
Speex looks pretty stable now and I think it's a good time to get the
latest and greatest unless you've got some plans on the drawing board
for improvements. In any case I think I speak for all of us out here
that we really appreciate all your hard work.

John Ridges