[Speex-dev] AEC troubleshooting

Aaron Drew aarond10ster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 02:42:34 PDT 2009

I've been playing with this as well. My laptop speakers are quite "tinny"
sounding and I get very different real-world results with this laptop than
with desktop speakers. Works great with decent speakers and a mic, works
terrible with my laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad SL400) built-in mic and speakers.
With my Lenovo's built in speakers and mic I eventually get a high pitched
"woot woot" creeping in (probably creeps in and out due to auto gain
settings I am using?) I'd like to add to these questions if I may:

3. Can choosing a "bad" sample size introduce artifacts due to windowing
problems with the Fast Fourier Transform required to do echo cancellation? I
mean, if I choose a sample size of 161 samples instead of say 1024, will
that affect the echo cancellation in some way.