[Speex-dev] Echocancellation on windows

Damian Minkov damencho at damencho.com
Mon Sep 17 23:34:14 PDT 2007

Hi all,

does anybody has ran echocancellation successfully on windows ?
I have a problem playing audio there. If you play a wav file no mater
how I play it after comparing the captured data with the original file
there is always
difference in the audio length (for 18 sec of audio there is more than
250 ms of difference). Which of course breaks echocancellation.
I've tried playing the audio through mmsystem, directsound also using
portaudio lib. The only way of playing audio correctly was using
audacity binary version for windows.
I've also tried compiling audacity from source and plying with it - and
again the problem persists.
I've also determined that with audacity binary version that if the sound
is too load, I've put the volume on max value this problem occurs again.

Any ideas? Can you point me of working solution I can look at ?

Thanks
damencho