[Speex-dev] Speex with PS3 SPE support

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Tue Oct 23 16:20:45 PDT 2007

Saad Nader wrote:
> We needed to use a release version of the SDK because this part of
> production code for our Sony implementations.  I'm not sure how stable
> that branch is.  Is the encoding and decoding already stable?  In other
> words, what is not stable about that branch?

It's listed as "unstable" in the sense of "I might change the API" and
that is mainly for new features that are not related to the codec itself
(echo cancellation, ...). Also, because I do more changes, the
likelyhood of breaking things is slightly higher. That being said, the
overall quality (and even "stability" in the sense of how much I trust
the code) is much higher in the latest 1.2beta releases than for the
1.0.x branch.

	Jean-Marc