[Speex-dev] Speex with PS3 SPE support

Jim Crichton jim.crichton at comcast.net
Wed Oct 24 07:02:05 PDT 2007

Please correct me if I am wrong, Jean-Marc, but I do not think that any
patches are getting applied to 1.0.5 anyway.  Also, if you expect a patch to
be applied, you will need to provide the changes as a patch, not as a
modified copy of the source tree.

The 1.2 branch includes a mechanism for private memory allocation from a
static buffer.  You provide a usermisc.h file that replaces the normal alloc
routines.  You should be able to fix most if not all of your alignment
issues there, rather than putting conditionals in the main code.   I do not
know if it will allow you to avoid the __attribute__ directives.  Look at
the TI subdirectory in the main tree for an example of how this is done.
There is a bit of a hack for providing a private stack without changing the
API.  I do not think that there is any precedent for platform specific API
changes, such as what you have proposed.

It will take some work to move to the 1.2 branch, but with it comes two
years of improvements in quality and processing and memory efficiency.

Regards,

Jim Crichton