[Speex-dev] Library split to be merged -- looking for a name

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Thu Oct 11 04:44:31 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

Judging from the lack of complaints about the split, I think I can go
safely forward with that. The only thing to decide is the name of the
new library that will contain the preprocessor, the AEC, jitter buffer,
and resampler. So far, I've got a few potential names:
- libspeaks
- libspeexproc
- libspeexvoip
- libspeech
- libspoke

Let me know (in private so as to not flood the list) which of those you
like and dislike. I'm also open to other names. I'll wait a few days and
then decide on the name and commit the split to the master/trunk branch.

Cheers,