[Speex-dev] Encode and decode using speex

SaravanaKumar AriyaPandy kumar.saravanakumar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 06:42:02 PDT 2007

Hi,
    I am trying to cross compile the speex for the arm linux.
I configured using the following command:
./configure --host=arm-linux --prefix=/opt/ARM/eldk/usr/local
--with-ogg-dir=/opt/ARM/eldk/usr/local
--with-ogg-includes=/opt/ARM/eldk/usr/local/include
--with-ogg-libraries=/opt/ARM/eldk/usr/local/lib
I have separately compiled the ogg for the arm linux and specified the path
when configuring compile for the speex.

I am able to successfully compile, make and make install.
We are not able to see the shared objects file libspeex.so.xxx, but the
.so.xxx file is created when i compile the same for the x86 Linux.

Then I tried to compile the sample program that comes with the speex
documentation, using the following command.
arm-linux-gcc -o encode -I /opt/ARM/eldk/usr/local/include -L
/opt/ARM/eldk/usr/local/lib -lspeex  sampleenc.c
I am getting the following error:
/tmp/ccGmYcxv.o: In function `main':
sampleenc.c:(.text+0x20): undefined reference to `speex_encoder_init'
sampleenc.c:(.text+0x58): undefined reference to `speex_encoder_ctl'
sampleenc.c:(.text+0x6c): undefined reference to `speex_encoder_ctl'
sampleenc.c:(.text+0x84): undefined reference to `speex_encoder_ctl'
sampleenc.c:(.text+0xcc): undefined reference to `speex_bits_init'
sampleenc.c:(.text+0x178): undefined reference to `speex_bits_reset'
sampleenc.c:(.text+0x194): undefined reference to `speex_encode'
sampleenc.c:(.text+0x1b0): undefined reference to `speex_bits_write'
sampleenc.c:(.text+0x1fc): undefined reference to `speex_encoder_destroy'
sampleenc.c:(.text+0x20c): undefined reference to `speex_bits_destroy'
sampleenc.c:(.text+0x230): undefined reference to `speex_nb_mode'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

But, I am able to compile the same sample program for x86 linux.
Should I do any other ARM specfic configuration other that above for
compiling the speex?
Please help me, in solving this error.

Thanks & Regards,
Saravana Kumar