[Speex-dev] Speex for sampling freq >48KHz

devilal sharma devilal_sharma at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 26 22:02:33 PST 2006

Hi,
I was just trying to use speex for sampling frequency >48KHz. In the original Speex-1.0.5 its restricted only upto 48KHz. I tired to modify it by changing the boundary conditions( the error conditions, i.e. if sampling freq >48KHz, it gives error) in /src/speexenc.c and then it atleast doesnt give the error, there is flow in decoding or encoding(i think).
I suspect there are other constraints in the encoder and decoder to modify other than this to make it work properly.
At this point, I am not getting the proper decoded(reconstructed) bitstream.
Can you please suggest me the places where I should make changes to incorporate this requirement.

thanks,
Devilal

Devi Lal Sharma
Final Yr. Dual Degree(Communications)
IIT MADRAS

Mobile: +91-9986423985(I am currently in bangalore)
email: devilal_sharma at yahoo.com, devilal at gmail.com