[Speex-dev] VoIP application together with open hardware design

Robin Getz rgetz at blackfin.uclinux.org
Sat Mar 25 18:28:42 PST 2006

nautiluz wrote:
>I am starting project to develop open implementation of some (naturally open
>codec) for simply designed embedded devices which can be used by small to
>big VoIP operators or hobbyists which wants to build their own small and
>low cost VoIP phone.
>Speex seems to be great choice. And greater will be if there should be
>some guys who want to help ;-).

Sorry for the delay (just getting caught up from a trip)

We already kinda have this (sorry for the infomercial, but you asked):

Low Cost Open Hardware, 100% Open Software, all making SIP Phone calls
across the internet today.

Open Hardware:
  - BF537-STAMP
    Schematics/Gerbers/etc:
    http://blackfin.uclinux.org/frs/?group_id=7&release_id=209
    Documentation:
    http://docs.blackfin.uclinux.org/doku.php?id=bf537-stamp_board

Open Software:
  - Linux for Blackfin:
    http://blackfin.uclinux.org/
    General Documentation
    http://docs.blackfin.uclinux.org/
    Pre-compiled image, supporting Linphonec
    http://blackfin.uclinux.org/frs/?group_id=17&release_id=233
    Documentation for Linphone (using Speex)
    http://docs.blackfin.uclinux.org/doku.php?id=linphone
    Patches for Linphonec, to use LCD & Keypad:
    http://blackfin.uclinux.org/pm/task.php?func=detailtask&project_task_id=363&group_id=17&group_project_id=50

All that and more:
- Asterisk on Blackfin/uClinux using speex:
   http://www.rowetel.com/ucasterisk/

If you have any questions, feel free to email or poke around at:
http://blackfin.uclinux.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=39

-Robin