[Speex-dev] Who is using the jitter buffer?

Thorvald Natvig speex at natvig.com
Tue Mar 21 07:01:45 PST 2006

Oh, I forgot to mention one thing. I currently append a few bits of custom
information to each speex packet which I fetch out with
things like
speex_bits_unpack_unsigned(&sjJitter.current_packet, 1);

It would be very usefull if the jitter buffer didn't actually decode the
packet, but instead returned a pointer to it (or NULL if you should play
silence and -1 if you should repeat the last packet again).

If you're making a more generic API, it would also be beneficial if packet
loss (and late transmissions) statistics could be fetched somehow.