[Speex-dev] NLMS filter length for AEC

phani l phanikanth2 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 06:38:49 PST 2006

Hi all,

         I have a query. I developed NLMS acoustic echo cancellation algorithm for real time voip application and using general purpose processor. Used more filter length (4096/2048) for NLMS and faced CPU consumption.With less filter length unable to estimate the exact echo signal and the quality of the speech also getting degraded.
  Could any one please suggest me the filter length which can give me the better voice
  quality with echo cancelled? or any other algorithm for AEC better than NLMS but with
  less complexity?

  Thank you.