[Speex-dev] Speex Command line, Changing the LPC order and modifying the codebook

Ruotger Skupin Ruotger.Skupin at ilink.de
Thu Feb 9 02:21:05 PST 2006

Hi devilal,

You might want to think about, whether this is really what you want.
Linear prediction codes speech very well because it benefits from the
signal properties from speech signals. Music does not have these
properties, so lp does not code music too well.

I don't think twiddling with the LPC order will give you any good
results. I may be wrong though.

Maybe you'd better look into Ogg Vorbis (http://www.vorbis.com/)
which is an open source music codec.

Ruotger

Am 09.02.2006 um 11:00 schrieb devilal sharma:

> can u please tell me what do I do to make it more exact waveform
> coder for music rather than speech.
> I understand that its meant for speech, but I was just using it for
> music... I am interested in getting the residual
> as small as possible using speex.
---
"Less code is better code" - Wil Shipley

Ruotger Skupin, Mac OS X Software Engineering

ilink Kommunikationssysteme GmbH
Münzstr. 13; 10178 Berlin - Germany