[Speex-dev] using the interpolation feature

Tom Harper tharper at sightspeed.com
Tue Apr 26 00:16:46 PDT 2005

Jean Marc & list,

I was going to start fiddling with using the ability to pass NULL to speex
decode
and using that to return an interpolated frame.

I am curious what the intended use of this feature was-  I.e. if there is
a packet loss situation is it preferable to keep interpolating until new
data shows up, or to cut your losses after a certain number of frames?

I suppose some of this could be gleaned from the code, but all the same any
practical advice/wisdom/rules of thumb would be appreciated!

Tom

Tom Harper - tharper at sightspeed.com
Lead Software Engineer

SightSpeed, Inc.