[speex-dev] Error in compiling Speexdec code (Speex-1.1.5code)onWindows usingVC++6.0

illiminable ogg at illiminable.com
Fri May 14 04:04:51 PDT 2004

Re: [speex-dev] Error in compiling Speexdec code (Speex-1.1.5 code)onWindows usingVC++6.0If you use directshow on CE, that should give the ability to play most files that can be played on normal windows platform... i haven't used it much as i don't have a pocketpc to play with, but here is a good place to start (URL may get broken)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wceoak40/html/_cooriDirectShowOverview.asp

If your player is based on directshow it should be able to use my filters pretty easily. Also wrt to mp3, my understanding could be wrong but if you use the mp3 components in directshow the royalty has already been paid by microsoft, so that shouldn't be an issue (i am not a lawyer though !) though if it's for philosophical reasons then yeah open - source is nice.

I have no specific implementation for pocketpc, but from what i understand the CE version exposes most of the same stuff, and i know i've seen the docs for most of the functions i use in the ce docs when searching. But like i say, i'm not 100% sure that they are completely compatible as i don't have one to test with.

You could maybe try the microsoft newsgroups for directshow to see if someone knows for sure.

Zen.