[speex-dev] Bug found (and possibly fixed) in Win32 speexdec

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at hermes.usherb.ca
Sun Jun 1 19:57:00 PDT 2003

> Great! Any ETA on the 1.0.1 version? I am just on the verge of releasing
> a product containing Speex, but might stall for a month or two if
> significant updates are imminent. With the start of summer vacation in
> Denmark the whole country pretty much grinds to a halt anyway, so I
> might as well wait 'till august if there's a sufficiently good reason ;)

I hope to release 1.0.1 this week. In the worst case, you can grab the
latest CVS source from the 1.0.x branch. There are a couple bug fixes,
including an important one regarding the wideband mode.

> Specifically I'd be interested in improved support for 11KHz sampled
> source files. Not that I'm dissatisfied with the quality, but the
> warnings from speexenc sound pretty dire...

Well, the warnings are there because I can't garanty the quality at that
sampling rate so it may be dependent on the application and input data.
I'll try to make it sound good at 11 kHz and I'm also open to patches.
As it is now, I don't think Speex is really optimal at 11 kHz (though
the quality is still decent).

Jean-Marc Valin, M.Sc.A.
LABORIUS (http://www.gel.usherb.ca/laborius)