[speex-dev] Official GUI Speex player

Tyler Knott vault-responce at charter.net
Wed Jun 18 16:28:33 PDT 2003

>A "rough and tumble" player that can be distributed with content to
>allow for those people lacking a more functional player isn't a bad idea
>at all.

Thanks.

> There is a lot of complexity associated with it, though. Even if
>you elect to just have a command-line player, there's still the audio
>interface to deal with.
>
>Not impossible, just careful coding.

A good example of something like this working is Audacity(a
free/open-source audio editor about 1 level below many professional
tools w/ built-in Vorbis de/encoding and FLAC support coming
soon(audacity.sf.net)).  It works on Win32, *nix, and MacOS X
systems(they also have a MacOS 9 version avalible but its a little
dated).  I believe they used wxWindows for the GUI but I'm not really
sure about anything else.  I'm not a programmer, just a guy with an idea.