[speex-dev] Official GUI Speex player

Jeff Stoner jstoner at blackboard.com
Wed Jun 18 12:01:14 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 13:49, Tyler Knott wrote:
> Where can I find this?  The main problem with this is that even though
> there are wav players for other platforms they would need to have a
> speex decoder as well.

http://www.openacm.org and is an encoder/decoder in one package

Remember, Ogg is the outer layer surrounding the speex content, like an
envelope that holds a letter.

> I really don't have the skills to develop anything like this right now,
> its just an idea currently.

A "rough and tumble" player that can be distributed with content to
allow for those people lacking a more functional player isn't a bad idea
at all. There is a lot of complexity associated with it, though. Even if
you elect to just have a command-line player, there's still the audio
interface to deal with.

Not impossible, just careful coding.

--
--Jeff
Sr. Unix Systems Administrator & Engineer

This email may contain privileged and confidential information. It is
intended only for the use of the adressee(s). I'll further add that if
this message is not digitally signed or encrypted using one of my keys,
than I can deny composing it in the first place.