[speex-dev] [Bug] PCM file not recognized

Rolf Leggewie leggewie at expires-2003-01-31.nexgo.de
Thu Jan 9 06:28:35 PST 2003

Hi,

I am using Speex to compress speech samples used for dictation.  I am
thrilled by the compression ratios Speex achieves with almost no loss in
quality.

However, I have come across a few files which Speex (I use the Windows
variant) refuses to compress.  I have put a sample file at
http://leggewie.biz/test.wav.  The error message I receive is
"Unsupported WAVE file fmt chunk, not PCM?".  The file uses PCM, though.

I am not subscribed to the list, a cc: will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Rolf