[vorbis] Servlet streamed Ogg skips

Paul E public at ellisfoundation.com
Fri Apr 30 18:12:13 PDT 2004

I have a simple music site setup at
http://www.ellisfoundation.com/freemusic that streams vorbis.  I don't
have any problem with Winamp 2 or 5, 3 didn't stream at all.  My site is
php based and it makes a temporary .m3u file that instructs the client
where to stream the file from.  It's very simple but works.  I've tried
it with at least a dozen different computers in different locations and
it works great.  It even works in Windows Media Player with the Vorbis
DirectShow Filters.

What kind of bitrate are you encoding in, and how much bandwidth does
your client and server have?  Have you tried it with multiple clients at
different locations?  Do you have trouble streaming from my site?