[vorbis] ov_open fails on Version 1.0.1

Eddie Atherton Eddie_Atherton at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 6 19:35:55 PDT 2004

> Rebuilding the libraries is easy, and will solve your problem. It might
also
> be possible for us to do something different with the win32 builds, or to

> document this better - if you have any suggestions, we'd welcome them.

OK, you were after suggestions.  Firstly, the Project Workspace (dsw) file
is saved with UNIX line-ends, not Windoze.  VC won't load it.  Easy enough
to convert though.  Looks like it's quite happy to load everything else
after this as UNIX style.  Strange.  But, I didn't try to build anything,
although all the settings and files loaded properly.

Looking at the project settings, assuming that they match what was actually
used for the build <GRIN>, then everything has been built MultiThreaded.
This will probably work for me, because all I'll do is switch from Dynamic
to Static.  It might even work with a SingleThread application, but again,
I'm not sure.  But, it's a bit silly to build the Dynamic libs without DLL
support.  :-(  Maybe, build the Statics as MultiThreaded and the Dynamics
as MultiThreaded DLL.

Cheers,
Eddie