[vorbis] Source Code for ACM Codec

engdev engdev at bigpond.net.au
Mon Apr 12 16:20:03 PDT 2004

The whole microsoft ACM thing was only just short of a dogs breakfast!

I agree fully with Jack, perhaps the ACM" version was trying to do the
impossible with DEcoding. There is almost no chance it would be able to
decode "standard" vorbis streams. Hence, it's useability would be severly
crippled.

However, I wanted to use the ACM for ENcoding, and it crashed in a screaming
pile (well, actually, there was no sound at all). From my perspective
(wanting to encode) it was quite possible - although it is against what the
vorbis codec is all about (constant Q vs. constant bps).

The reason I did this is that my (commercially written) application only had
an ACM interface, so I got locked out of vorbis (which was very annoying).