[vorbis] resampling to 48 kHz

David Bachner rudapper at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 2 04:08:09 PST 2004

--- Maik Merten <maikmerten at gmx.net> wrote:
> David Bachner wrote:
> > I find
> > the best way around this is to resample the wav
> file
> > to 48 kHz (using SoundForge 6.0) before encoding
> > (using CDex) to ogg.
>
> There are some soundcards that can only work at 48
> kHz (Creative
> SoundBlaster Live! for example) and that do poor
> upsampling when playing
> 44.1 kHz sources. You don´t have one of those cards
> have you?

Yes, I do! Are you saying that the distortions of the
higher frequencies in ogg files encoded from 44.1 kHz
wav files are because of the soundcard. I find the
same distortions on both my desktop machine (with the
SB live card) and my laptop (with "Crystal SoundFusion
CS4281 WDM audio"). Resampling the wav's from 44.1 to
48 kHz before encoding seems to be the only way to get
rid of the distortions.

db