[vorbis] Bit Rate Peeling Quality

Segher Boessenkool segher at koffie.nl
Mon Jun 23 04:50:00 PDT 2003

Graham Mitchell wrote:
> (Which is to say, Segher, if you're reading, feel free
 > to correct me if I'm wrong.)

[I'm always reading, if sometimes a bit slowly.]

I don't have much to add to what you wrote, except that
I don't think of my prototype peelers as being
"unsophisticated".  Heck, one of-em even used Bessel
functions! ;-)

With current streams, peeling from -q6 to -q2 will sound
very bad, with a terrible lowpass and lots of flanging.

Other than that, what you wrote is fine, I think.

Segher