[vorbis] New Member seeks advice.

Graham Mitchell graham at grahammitchell.com
Wed Jun 18 07:13:07 PDT 2003

> I will likely have some questions.

You might also read my "introduction to compressed audio with Ogg Vorbis".
I've tried to make it as non-technical as possible.  I know you're interested
in getting something set up and working quickly rather than getting bogged
down with what's happening behind the scenes, but if you're going to be
streaming, it sometimes takes a little hand-tuning to get the best sound
quality at a given bitrate.  And it'd probably help to have at least a
passing understanding of the terms people are using.

The intro is at:
        http://grahammitchell.com/writings/vorbis_intro.html

It doesn't address streaming, but that doesn't mean the information won't be
helpful.

--
Graham Mitchell - computer science teacher, Leander High School
"Programming is forty percent perspiration, ten percent inspiration,