[vorbis] OGG in P2P networks?

Magnus Holmgren lear at algonet.se
Thu Jan 10 12:55:00 PST 2002

Erik Fuller wrote:

> I'm still looking for a P2P network (i.e. Gnutella, KaZaA, etc.) and client
> that actively supports the OGG format. People have told me that since
> Gnutella is so flexible that it is also possible to trade .ogg files. In reality, I
> haven't seen a single client using the Gnutella network that could search and
> truly FIND an .ogg file. Does anyone know of a network or specifically, a
> client that will do this?

I've found a few oggs on Grokster/MusicCity/Kazaa (and eDonkey
(www.edonkey2000.com), I think...). Grokster recognizes Ogg as an audio
format, but I don't know about tag support. While the oggs I found
contained tags recognized by Grokster, they turned out to be in ID3
format (both v1 and v2; EAC had been used to rip them). The Winamp
plugin played the oggs fine though. :)

--
Magnus Holmgren