[vorbis] Slightly off-topic: question about DOS batch files

that irritating pissant eric.bryant at maine.edu
Mon Jan 7 10:44:38 PST 2002

>         If you really must know (and I don't think it matters) I use
oggdrop because I want to encode a batch of files without requiring user
intervention between each file, and because I do a lot of tagging.
>         Besides, I don't see how oggdrop is going to HELP me encode the
entire CD to Ogg Vorbis. It's certainly much less automated than oggenc.

OggDrop isn't any less automated afaik, unless you're looking for tags or
some of the other less basic features of oggenc. I highlight the entire
directory of WAVs, and slap`em on into oggenc. It converts the whole CD for
me, and i don't have to touch it between files.
Of course, this still doesn't help if you're looking for tags.
Have you tried an all-in-one ripping package like CDex? It supports Vorbis.
Don't know if it does tagging properly - testing it out now. Yep, it does
the tags. Dunno if this meets your needs or not, but it may be something to
consider.