[vorbis] RC3?

John Morton jwm at plain.co.nz
Sun Jan 6 22:18:54 PST 2002

On Monday 07 January 2002 18:55, Monty wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 12:12:20PM +1300, John Morton wrote:
> > The last time I looked at participating in that the download rate was
> > aweful, the instructions wearn't clear and the randomizing CGI was
> > broken. Are things any better at the moment?
>
> I found the download to be good when I tried, the randomizer worked,
> and the instructions were clear to me.

I've read up a little more on blind testing methodology so I think I grok
what's going on now.

> I had two quibbles: The UNIX
> ABX programs offered simply don't work (so I wrote my own; the ABX
> perl script is mine) and the test takes results from people who
> haven't even bothered with ABX.  ff123 was made aware of the first and
> recognizes the shortcoming of the current test (encompassing the
> second).

> We had a big ABX party on IRC a few nights ago.  The testing went
> well...

I intend to give RC3 a spin this weekend with your perl script so I can find
my quality/size sweet spot. Then I'll have a go at building a re-encoding
script that will automate tag migration.

Are there new python modules for RC3 libraries? I would have though an update
for libao might be necessary.

John