[vorbis] Something useful to contribute

Karel P Kerezman rael at zero.kgon.com
Wed Jan 2 16:54:26 PST 2002

Okay, since that last entry of mine was on the order of, "Here's another
useless almost-funny reply from Mr. Kerezman, please laugh politely
now," here's a piece of info that the Wintel users might find useful.

http://www.cdex.n3.net

CDEX is coming along nicely as a ripping/encoding package for Windows. I
very happily use the latest beta, whatever that happens to be at the
time, to do my ripping during those times when 'grip' gives me fits on
the Linux box. (This poor rig has a Promise Ultra-100 IDE controller,
and every so often Very Bad Things happen. But that's another story for
another day.) CDEX betas recently went to RC2, a cdparanoia ripping
library, and various other niceties. Try it and draw your own
conclusions, of course.

I think I'll email the author of CDEX now and warn him about the -q flag
in RC3... =)

--
Karel P Kerezman, IS Admin Entercom Portland

Oxymoron: Rather Direct.