[vorbis] Quality & Tags

David K. Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Thu Jan 31 21:36:56 PST 2002

On 31 Jan 2002 at 21:19, Jonathan Walther wrote:

> The ENCODING tag fits goal # 1 of the standard, so its in.  If you want
> to be pedantic, all the information in the tags should be "metadata",
> and we shouldn't use the tags at all.

Oh, man.  Don't invite another flame war. ;)

I'm not trying to pedantic.  I was making a distinction between information that applies to the
source material, versus information that applies to the encoding.  I was using "metadata" to refer
to the latter.

> I too am one of those who would scribble encoding quality on my cd cover
> if I had enough room.

Hey, cool by me.  But I agree with Mr. Morton - this type of data fits better in the informal class of
metadata / information / whatever-you-want-to-call-it.

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- XNS  : =David K Gasaway
-:-:- Email: dave at gasaway.org