[vorbis] Quality & Tags

Glenn Maynard g_ogg at zewt.org
Thu Jan 31 10:05:09 PST 2002

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 04:07:12PM +0100, Moritz Grimm wrote:
> D'oh, I thought we were through with XML in Vorbis tags. Leave that to
> the metadata stream.

(but .. but .. er, we've been here.)

"How the data was encoded" doesn't belong in the tags by their current
definition at all; they're yet another piece of information to "wait for
metadata".  (It's no exception, either ... there's lots of equally useful
information that's waiting for metadata.)

--
Glenn Maynard