[vorbis] so whats next?

Randolph Carter mr.blue at netcabo.pt
Mon Jan 14 16:06:38 PST 2002

rc3 is out and now that the dust has settled I'd like to know, whats
coming around the corner for rc4? what new tricks or quality
improvements are planned? I think I saw somewhere that bit-rate peeling
(or was it cascading codebooks) was one of them, also btw I've heard
that wavelets was one of the next big things (i think it was usefull
because of pre-echo correction) but that it would only be post 1.0.0 I
believe this had something to do with waiting for an old patent to
expire could someone please confirm or give me the correct answers on
these questions? :)

thanks in advance :)

concerned citizen