[vorbis] Win32 All-UTF8 oggenc.exe

Glenn Maynard g_ogg at zewt.org
Mon Jan 14 14:44:10 PST 2002

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 01:06:16PM -0500, Peter Harris wrote:
> > GetCommandLineW is OK.  CommandLineToArgvW is not; it's NT-only.
>
> That is the bug in my modified oggenc. It looks like I'll have to do
> CommandLineToArgvW by hand.

Be careful, you need to handle double quotes in Windows, but *not* single
quotes.  I don't know if it does any kind of escaping, either.

> > So, we don't care about the OEM codepage.  The user wants to be able to
> > see (at least) what his system codepage is set to, not line-drawing
> > characters.  Try this:
>
> Ooo. Good idea. *trying*.
>
> Ouch. Ick. Eww. umlaut-u becomes superscript-2. Again. How useless.
>
> In all the other code pages on my system, most accented characters just lose
> their accents (a few become garbage due to the incomplete tables MS uses).
> After SetConsoleOutputCP(GetACP()), all accented characters become garbage.
>
> And it was such a good idea, too. Shot down by a lacking MS implementation
> (it looks like cp1252 is just an unmapped code page. Which doesn't work with
> the Console character set).

ü? (Er, Unicode calls that a diaeresis.  I'm not up on my accents-other-
languages-use terminology.)

What font is your console in?  ü works fine for me in lucida console (a
Unicode font.)

--
Glenn Maynard