[vorbis] Win32 All-UTF8 oggenc.exe

Peter Harris peter.harris at hummingbird.com
Mon Jan 14 10:06:16 PST 2002

> GetCommandLineW is OK.  CommandLineToArgvW is not; it's NT-only.

That is the bug in my modified oggenc. It looks like I'll have to do
CommandLineToArgvW by hand.

> So, we don't care about the OEM codepage.  The user wants to be able to
> see (at least) what his system codepage is set to, not line-drawing
> characters.  Try this:

Ooo. Good idea. *trying*.

Ouch. Ick. Eww. umlaut-u becomes superscript-2. Again. How useless.

In all the other code pages on my system, most accented characters just lose
their accents (a few become garbage due to the incomplete tables MS uses).
After SetConsoleOutputCP(GetACP()), all accented characters become garbage.

And it was such a good idea, too. Shot down by a lacking MS implementation
(it looks like cp1252 is just an unmapped code page. Which doesn't work with
the Console character set).

Peter Harris