[vorbis] How to make Vorbis popular

Vazagi Vazagi at mailme.dk
Fri Jan 11 12:45:32 PST 2002

rryo> numbering precendent is different for this software.  When Jim-Bob sees a
rryo> "released" version, he'll be more confident in using it than a
rryo> "still-in-development" version.  He doesn't read this mail list;  he
rryo> doesn't care that some part of the suite is "completed" (decoder);  he
rryo> just sees that the "vorbis" encoder/decoder suite is "still in
rryo> development", which he's not interested in using because he's not a
rryo> developer.

Not true for all.
I first heard about Vorbis in a book about linux (was trying it out at
the time) and encoded all my cd (not that many :)). Later i found that
a never version was already out so i reencoded my cd's... It was some
time (several months) before i subscribed to the mailing list.

Also several of my friends was impressed when i explained Vorbis to
them, and some of them have begun to use it primarily... (ok, it was not so
much quality as filesize that convinced them :))

--
Best regards
 Vazagi

"War doesn't determine who's right, just who's left."