[vorbis] Re: How to make Vorbis popular

Jernej Simonèiè jernej.simoncic at guest.arnes.si
Fri Jan 11 12:55:47 PST 2002

Hello Vazagi,

11. januar 2002, 21:45:32, you wrote:

V> Not true for all.
V> I first heard about Vorbis in a book about linux (was trying it out at
V> the time) and encoded all my cd (not that many :)). Later i found that
V> a never version was already out so i reencoded my cd's... It was some
V> time (several months) before i subscribed to the mailing list.

Linux community already adopted vorbis more or less. But compare
average Linux user to the average Winblows user, and you'll see a big
difference. Unfortunately, what rob1 said is true for most Windows
users - it's not finished, I'll keep my hands off it... OTOH, these
same user will use "final" version of a program, which has more bugs
than beta versions of some other programs... (take my mailer for
example - it's a beta version, but the developer could probably get
away by making every third or fourth beta release a new version)

Jernej Simoncic, jernej.simoncic at guest.arnes.si
http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/
ICQ: 26266467

1. No action is without side-effects.
2. Nothing ever goes away.
3. There is no such thing as free lunch.
       -- Commoner's Three Laws of Ecology