[vorbis] How to make Vorbis popular

Victoria E. Lease vlease at floofy-skirts.org
Fri Jan 11 10:17:48 PST 2002

[EdB]
> Same here.  I started converting my CD collection in RC2, only to find
> RC3 was "soon to be released."
>
> Now we have RC3... so I'll just wait for 1.0 before I encode and share.
>
> And I've stopped evangelizing OGG, too, until 1.0 is out.

Do mp3 users do this same thing, re: LAME? I think LAME is still
making encoding quality improvements (albeit not as drastically in
the past), and I know people who are using it to encode all of their
music in this "mp3" file format for which an optimal encoder has
yet to be produced... ;)

--
   Victoria E. Lease <vlease at floofy-skirts.org>
C66F 5745 AE21 B21F 5326  FA12 DBC2 9245 9475 3F70