[vorbis] RC3?

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Jan 2 00:44:58 PST 2002

> I'm an ungrateful pest who doesn't know what's he got until it's gone. Not
> as soon as I got my RC3 (great job. Nice way to start the year) I have to
> add to this. The Oggdrop slider needs a bit of more clear overview. How
> about letting people type the quality setting. And having the choice to use
> ABR setting instead would be nice too.

Well, we need to find some subtle way to dicourage people from using
ABR.  The masses will immediately latch onto 'bitrate' settings
because that's what they're used to in mp3, completely ignoring the
fact that quality settings will *always* produce a higher quality file
for the same given size.  Just putting it in the manual isn't enough,
most folks couldn't care less about documentation....

Monty