[vorbis] several (different and seperate) compiling problems

Michael Smith msmith at xn.com.au
Mon Jan 22 16:12:34 PST 2001

dongoodman wrote:

> I thought I had seen something about this earlier, but a search through
> the archives revealed nothing...
>
> first problem:
> Under Windows ME, using VC++6 (sp4), VC does not recognize the project
> files in the beta3 source tarball as being valid project files. it complains
> that they were not generated by VC++6, and would I like to create a wrapper
> for these makefiles? It doesn't work. I checked them out manually, and
> they appear fine...I wonder if its not because of service pack 4? i have
> no clue at all...

VC project files MUST have dos-style line-end mangling. If you check
something out from a different system (e.g. a unix system), they'll
definately not have these (I guess the project files should really be
tagged as binary so that cvs doesn't do this). If you check them out
from windows, anything could happen. Try converting them to dos-style
line endings, see if that helps.

Michael