[vorbis] several (different and seperate) compiling problems

Ingo Saitz Ingo.Saitz at stud.uni-hannover.de
Tue Jan 23 05:09:33 PST 2001

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 05:02:45PM -0600, dongoodman wrote:
> ogg goes ok...only after its compiled, and I've generated an RPM, it
> doesn't install the header files in /usr/include/ogg...
[...]
> ...it [libvorbis] complains that ogg has not
> been installed! error: -logg is an invalid library (on test compiles).
> however, /usr/lib/libogg.so.0 (or whatever the shared library is called,

Did you install the generated libogg-devel rpm, too? According to
the .sec file, this rpm contains the needed includes and the file
libogg.so (symlink to libogg.so.0.0.0). That file is needed to
link binaries against the shared library.

    Ingo

--
16                      Hard coded constant for amount of room allowed for
                        cache align and faster forwarding (tunable)

-- seen in /usr/src/linux-2.2.14/net/TUNABLE