[vorbis] mpeg

craig duncan duncan at nycap.rr.com
Mon Jan 15 06:45:29 PST 2001

Marco Al wrote:

> From: "Gabriel Bouvigne" <bouvigne at mp3-tech.org>
>
> > On the mpeg website, there is a paper called "Call for Evidence Justifying
> > the Testing of Audio Coding Technology"
> >
> > I think it could be interesting, and maybe sponsors could be attracted by
> > this thing.
> >
> > Regards,
>
> Meeting underway... submission deadline long gone.
>
> Marco

I took a quick look at this paper.  It seems that if you bring your
superior technology, explain how it works (proper Word97 format, of
course), and prove that it's better than mpeg4, that they'll be happy to
steal it from you for their own proprietary use to make a heap of money
off of.  Or am i too cynical?  :)

craig