[vorbis] Future of Music

Marshall Eubanks tme at 21rst-century.com
Thu Jan 11 03:17:11 PST 2001

Hey Vorbisites;

I've been at the Future of Music summit yesterday and today.
Monte is here too, and did a good job holding up the open source
fort in tbe "Future of Technology : Open or Closed" panel yesterday.

My favorite (near) quotes from him :

We are suddenly in an economic situation where money no longer grows on trees.

There is certainly a place for closed source software. But, on the web,
chances are anything that you use came out of a open source structure.

SDMI is something that couldn't come from the desires of the customers.

Information will be shared, and will be free. This is what is going to
happen, so get over it.

----

                                   Regards
                                   Marshall Eubanks

   Multicast Technologies, Inc.
   10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 201
   Fairfax, Virginia 22030
   Phone : 703-293-9624          Fax     : 703-293-9609
   e-mail : tme at on-the-i.com     http://www.on-the-i.com