[vorbis] VORBISCOMMENT

Beni Cherniavsky scben at techst02.technion.ac.il
Mon Jan 22 04:59:34 PST 2001

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 03:26:11PM +0200, I wrote:
>
> > I think WinAmp 3 will be released in less than a month, and the
> > winamp community will switch fast.
>
> .. And of course, it's primary new feature will be native vorbis support.
> No? :) Why not?

Yes!  Well, if we write it...  It's C++ on Windoze, both of which I don't
like to wrtie for, besides I'm too busy now.  So somebody, it would be
nice if we have a working vorbis plugin when WA3 is released, so that it
will hopefully be included in the standard distribution (that's what it
takes to be "native", doesn't it?).  If every winamp user get's a vorbis
plugin included and wonders "what's that?" it should conribute much to
vorbis' publicity.

--
Beni Cherniavsky <cben at crosswinds.net>
                 (also scben at t2,cben at tx in Technion)

  No, No! You're not thinking; you're just being logical.
                                             - Niels Bohr